26th of December 2022
Solongo Affordable Housing Complex 1 and 2 Project
Loan No. Mon 18, 19
- The Government of Mongolia has received a Loan from the Export-Import Bank of Korea from the resources of the Economic Development Cooperation Fund (EDCF) of the Republic of Korea in the amount of USD266,885,000 (Two Hundred Sixty Six Million Eight Hundred Eighty Five Thousand US Dollars only) toward the cost of Solongo Affordable Housing Complex 1 and 2 Project and intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this loan to payments under the contract for the same Project for which this Invitation for Bids is announced.
- The terms and conditions of the contract and payments therefore by the Bank shall be subject in all respects to the terms and conditions of the Loan Agreement, including ‘Guidelines for Procurement under the EDCF Loan’. Except as the Bank may specifically otherwise agree, no party other than the Borrower (The Government of Mongolia) shall derive any rights from the Loan Agreement or have any claim to the loan proceeds.
- The Project Executing Agency, the Ministry of Construction and Urban Development of Mongolia, now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the construction of Solongo Affordable Housing Complex 1 Project based on the following information:
Number of Housing Units
47 blocks 9 stories, 3 blocks
Total Allocated Budget per Loan Agreements
- Bidding will be conducted through Competitive Bidding (CB) procedures specified in the Guideline for Procurement under EDCF Loans, and is open to all eligible bidders that meet the following minimum qualification criteria for each Package.
- Bidders including each member of a JVA shall have the nationality of Republic of Korea.
- All pending litigation of a bidder in amount shall not represent more than Fifty percent (50%) of the bidder’s current net worth as resolved against the Bidder.
- Net worth of a bidder for the last Three (3) fiscal years shall be positive.
- Average annual construction turnover of a bidder shall not be less than One Hundred Million US Dollars (USD100,000,000) for the last three (3) fiscal years.
- Bidders shall demonstrate the availability of any financial resource not less than Seven Million US Dollars (USD 7,000,000) to meet the overall cash flow requirements.
- Bidders must have an experience of a main contractor for general building construction contracts for the last Five (5) years.
- Bidders must have successfully completed as a main contractor at least Two (2) apartment-type housing contract not less than Fifty Million US Dollars (USD50,000,000) in terms of completion amount for the last Ten (10) years
- Bidders must have successfully completed as a main contractor at least Two (2) apartment-type housing contract with gross floor area and number of housing units not less than One Hundred Thousand square meters (100,000sq.m) and One Thousand units (1,000 units) simultaneously for the last Ten (10) years.
- Bidders are allowed to submit bids for award of both Packages. Bidders who wish to award both Packages shall provide different Financial Resources, Personnel and Equipment for each Package without being overlapped. Bidders who provide duplicate and/or overlapped Financial Resources, Personnel or Equipment for both Packages shall not be considered for this purpose.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from the State Procurement Agency of Mongolia and inspect the bidding documents at the address below from 26th of December 2022 to 06th of February 2023 during normal office hours of 0900 to 1700hrs.
- A complete set of bidding documents may be purchased by any interested Bidders on the submission of a written application via email to the email address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of One Thousand US Dollars (USD1,000). The method of payment will be in cash or direct account transfer at the following bank account. The bidding documents will be sent by an electronic mail in PDF format file upon the request of the bidders. Only bidders who have purchased the bidding documents through the above explained way shall be considered as eligible bidders.
Bank account information:
Account name: STATE HOUSING CORPORATION OF MONGOLIA LLC
Account number: 2205106491
Beneficiary’s bank: GOLOMT BANK
SWIFT code: GLMTMNUB
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 1400 hours 27th of February 2023. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of Two Million US Dollars (USD2,000,000). Late bids shall be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the Bidder’s representatives who choose to attend at the address below at same date and time stated in the Instructions to Bidders of the Bidding Documents.
- The State Procurement Agency of Mongolia shall not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by Bidders in connection with preparation or delivery of Bids.
State Procurement Agency of Mongolia
Government Building 9, Peace Avenue 16
Bayanzurkh District, Ulaanbaatar 13381
Telephone: 976-51-267018, 976-7979-0000
e-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org